Like what you see? Follow me on:
Okay, so we may be fast approaching Autumn, but for those of you who are, like me, going away soon to enjoy the last of the summer sun, and are in need of a new holiday wardrobe, then look no further! This week’s Wednesday Wishlist is a ‘hot for hols’ special! You will be sizzling in the sun in style before you know it!
From Left to Right: 1. Miss Selfridge Geo Devore Bra Top, 2. eBay Black Suede Studded Flatforms, 3. Topshop Floral Print Maxi Dress, 4. Missguided Tanisa Leather Hotpants, 5. & 6. River Island Light Orange/Pink Diamante Flower Bikini Top & Bottoms.
1. Geo Devore Bra Top, £20, Miss Selfridge – Who knew that wearing what could be deemed as ‘lingerie’ out in public would be socially acceptable in 2012? Well according to Viktor & Rolf, Prada and Dolce & Gabbana, the elusive ‘bra top’ is just that. Bra tops are perfect for your summer holiday, and with this gorgeous Geo velvet number, you’ll in no doubt be top of the trend class! What’s more, velvet is HUGE for Autumn/Winter 2012 – take inspiration from Peter Pilotto and Unique.
2. Black suede studded flatforms, £11.99 without postage, eBay – Flatforms are massive in the bloggerverse – just look at top fashion blogger Lily Melrose for instance! And with Topshop Unique, Meadham Kirchhoff and Christopher Kane featuring these popular shoes in their Spring/Summer 2012 collections, there is no doubt the ‘the flatform’ is this Summer’s shoe of choice! These black suede studded shoes are perfect for those of you who hate high heels! Plus, they go with EVERYTHING!
3. Floral Print Maxi Dress, £59, Topshop – A Wednesday Wishlist is never complete with some sort of floral garment included! And this week’s certainly doesn’t disappoint! This Topshop dress maybe be a tad on the expensive side but with florals set to be HUGE this Autumn/Winter – with the likes of Jonathan Saunders and Erdem going darkside, what’s not to love?
4. Tanisa Leather Hotpants, £22.99, Missguided – Don’t fret, the dominatrix look is not back in fashion just yet, but it’s safe to say that leather was everywhere during Fashion Week – just look at online etailer Missguided’s take on this sultry fabric! Team these amazing leather hotpants with a crisp white collar-tipped Zara shirt, Topshop grey ankle socks and Republic’s gold studded and buckle boots, for an Alexa Chung style steal. Or just take some S/S inspiration from Valentino, Kanye West and Balmain by including minimalistic furs and accessories for the hot sizzling summer evening. If you’re more of an A/W girl, make like Acne and Unique and dress down your leather with a grey colour palette.
5. & 6. Light Orange/Pink Diamante Flower Bikini Top & Bottoms, £18 & £10, River Island – Ice cream shades were all the rage this Spring/Summer with Alexander McQueen, Chloe and Chanel including these delicious flavours into their eclectic designs! This pastel bikini River Island bikini is perfect if you want to emulate this Summer’s hottest trend! Team with these cute cat eye sunglasses from ASOS, and you’ll be oozing with style before you know it!
Today’s Wednesday Wishlist is all about fabulous online retailer, Missguided!
Missguided has been on my radar for some time now, but it wasn’t until earlier this month that I actually took the time to browse the online retailer, and let me tell you – I instantly fell in love with some of their amazing clothes!
From L-R: 1. Enrita Leather Trim Lace Blouse, 2. Ingrid Tassel Ribbed Bodycon Skirt, 3. Sunisa Crocodile Skin Envelope Tote Bag, 4. Velda Mirrored Teashade Sunglasses, 5. USA Frayed Denim Shorts & 6. Studded Collar Skater Dress.
1. Enrita Leather Trim Lace Blouse, £22.99 – Lace is big this season, with designers such as Miu Miu’s stunning red and gold dress, Luisa Beccaria’s blue midi and Valentino’s crisp white gowns turning heads at fashion week. So when I saw this edgy blouse on the Missguided website, I had to include it in my Wednesday Wishlist! As you can see, I have ‘tucked’ it in the tassel Bodycon skirt below; this outfit would be perfect for a night out with the girls, or for a special occasion. If I wanted a more casual look, I could also team this blouse with these Topshop dip-dye denim shorts and black wedge sandals from River Island.
2. Ingrid Tassel Ribbed Bodycon Skirt, £22.99 – The ‘Great Gatsby’ look took the catwalks of Marchesa, Ralph Lauren and Etro by storm. So I was eagerly anticipating what the high street were going to come up with in terms of designing their own versions of this 20s trend – and it’s safe to say that Missguided definitely did not disappoint with this sultry Bodycon tassel skirt! Dip hem skirts seem to be all the ‘rage’ at the moment, so it’s refreshing to have a different type of skirt available for those who want to embrace their ‘inner Gatsby girl’. At £22.99 this skirt is practically a steal, so if you fancy channelling the great 1920s, grab yours now!
3. Sunisa Crocodile Skin Envelope Tote Bag, £28.99 – As with previous wishlists, pastel colours are a trend which I have been coveting ever since they graced the runway of House of Holland, Jaeger and J W Anderson. This pastel pink crocodile skin envelope bag is perfect for someone like me, who prefers to add minimal pastel accessories to her outfits, rather than look like an ice cream sorbet (hey it’s a good look, but it’s not for me!) This bag will also finish off the outfit in my wishlist nicely!
n …4. Velda Mirrored Teashade Sunglasses, £4.99 – These sunglasses are so cute and funky! They remind me of the late John Lennon, and what better way to channel this iconic musician than by bagging these mirrored Teashade sunnies?! Now all we need is the summer sun…
5. USA Frayed Denim Shorts, £24.99 – The ‘Americana’ trend is a big hit this Spring/Summer with high street stores such as Republic, Topshop and Miss Selfridge including this famous flag in their collections. These shorts are perfect for festival season, and will look great on the beach! Just take inspiration from Marina Diamandis, from Marina and The Diamonds, who rocks her American flag shorts!
6. Studded Collar Skater Dress, £27.99 – And finally, this studded collar skater dress is perfect for both the daytime and a night out on the town! This dress reminds me of Balmain, who is one of my favourite designers – I love their S/S 12 collection! So this is my high street take on the Parisian fashion house. I would toughen this look up even more by wearing this grey River Island PU jacket and Missguided’s ‘killer’ platforms!
There’s my wishlist! Do you like Missguided? What are your favourite items at the moment?
This Wednesday’s Wishlist is all about my work wants!
From L-R: 1. Soul Cal Deluxe Trilby Hat, 2. Miso Spike & Bead Necklace, 3. Miso Heart Top, 4. Miso Horn Ring, 5. Miso Scallop Hem Highwaisted Shorts & 6. Miso Leopard Print Dip Hem Maxi Dress.
1. Soul Cal Deluxe Trilby Hat, £12 – As most of you know, I work at Republic, and at the moment I am in LOVE with what they have to offer for this Spring and Summer! I have always wanted a trilby, but due to my genetics (I have such a small head); I have never found a hat which fits me properly. This trilby would be perfect for the upcoming festival season – think Sienna Miller and Jameela Jamil. Now all I need is my festival ticket and I’m ready to go!
2. Miso Spike & Bead Necklace, £12 – I absolutely adore this collar necklace! It’s quite tribal-esque and as you all know tribal prints are in – just take inspiration from Burberry Prorsum, Emilio Pucci and Gucci, who rocked their prospective fashion weeks. This necklace would look great with the leopard print dip hem maxi dress, Miss Selfridge leather jacket and Deena and Ozzy platforms.
3. Miso Heart Top, £22 – I’m not really a pink fan, but as soon as I saw this pastel pink laser cut crop top I HAD to include it in my Wednesday Wishlist! This top hits two trends with one stone, with pretty pastels being ‘all the rage’ this season with Alexander McQueen, Meadham Kirchhoff and Chanel including these shades in their collections, and laser cut pieces storming the catwalks of Valentino and Louis Vuitton. This top will look great tucked into a Republic black dip hem maxi skirt, with a River Island light minty green blazer and ASOS white creepers. Invest in yours now!
4. Miso Horn Ring, £8 – Many regular readers will know that I LOVE my rings! So it comes to no surprise that as soon as I saw this one, my mind instantly screamed: ‘Want, want, want!’ The horn is quite big, which is different to all the dainty rings you currently see in the high street. At £8 it is expensive for what it’s worth, but if you’re looking for something a bit different, then this is for you! Thank god for my staff discount!
5. Miso Scallop Hem Highwaisted Shorts, £28 – I have been looking for a decent pair of high waisted denim shorts for ages now, and these scallop hem shorts seem to ‘fit the bill’. Scallop hems were massive last season, and it seems that they are still on trend for this Spring/Summer too, with New York native Jill Stuart incorporating this into her designs. I just need to add my Miso pastel pink top and my studded slippers, and I’m ready for work!
6. Miso Leopard Print Dip Hem Maxi Dress, £28 – Finally, I am currently coveting this gorgeous leopard print dip hem maxi! I am in love with dip hem dresses and skirts at the moment, and this would make a perfect addition to my wardrobe! Animal print is another Spring/Summer trend which I love – take inspiration for outfits from Michael Kors and House of Holland, who both show that you don’t have to limit yourself when wearing this print. I would clash this dress with a floral blazer and toughen it up with these nude lace Boohoo boots.
Those are my work wants! What pieces are currently on your work’s wishlist?
The tees were designed by twenty British designers including Christopher Kane, Meadham Kirchhoff and Jonathan Saunders to celebrate Topshop’s ten year collaboration with new emerging talent. I chose Gareth Pugh’s black and white graphic tee and I decided to create an outfit based around this top.
From L-R: 1. ASOS Black Metal Round Sunglasses, 2. ASOS Pyramid Metal Tip Clutch, 3. Topshop Gareth Pugh Graphic Print Tee, 4. Space NK Oh No She Didn’t Opaque Blue Lipstick, 5. Jeffrey Campbell ‘Lita Mac’ Bootie & 6. PETITE Exclusive Contrast Panel Skinny Trousers
1. Black Metal Round Sunglasses, £15, ASOS – These sunglasses are so kooky and unique! For £15 they are perfect for the summer, and will add a touch of the ‘60s to the look! Take inspiration from Marina Diamandis from Marina and The Diamonds, Mary-Kate Olsen and Taylor Momsen.
2. Pyramid Metal Tip Clutch, £12, ASOS – Pastel colours are HUGE this Spring/Summer with designers such as Louis Vuitton, Versus and Chanel all including duck egg blues in their S/S12 collections. This ASOS clutch injects a touch of colour into the outfit which mainly focuses on the monochrome palette.
3. Gareth Pugh Graphic Print Tee, £30, Topshop – I chose Gareth Pugh’s tee because I love his aesthetic of monochrome sculptural pieces, whether that would be this one featured here or his classic S/S 2007 patchwork square print. This tee is perfect for wearing to a casual lunch with the boyf, or it can be glammed up with some River Island faux leather leggings for a night out on the town. Celebrities are also a fan of the black and white graphic print tee. Steal inspiration from Audrina Patridge, Rihanna and 90210 star Jessica Stroup who all styled their graphic tee differently according to their own personal style.
4. Oh No She Didn’t Opaque Blue Lipstick, £7.50, Space NK – ‘Blue lipstick? This blogger has gone crazy!’ I hear you say. Well, bright coloured lips have taken the Spring/Summer 2012 catwalks by storm with Mary Katrantzou, Richard Chai and Meadham Kirchhoff’s models all sporting a statement coloured lip. This blue lipstick is perfect for those who dare to be different in the style stakes.
5. Jeffrey Campbell ‘Lita Mac’ Bootie, £114, Nordstrom – It’s safe to assume that most girls on the planet would LOVE to own a pair of Jeffrey Campbell’s! And for me, these lace booties are no exception! Lace is another trend which is set to be big this Spring with designers such as Valentino, Miu Miu and Elie Saab all including this intricate fabric into their designs. And for £114 they may be pricey, but they are a good investment piece and they will mix up my monochrome look a bit too!
6. PETITE Exclusive Contrast Panel Skinny Trousers, £32, ASOS – And finally panelled trousers have also taken to the Spring/Summer catwalks with Balmain and Isabel Marant featuring these pants in their collections. So it comes to no surprise that I had to include this ASOS version into my Wednesday Wishlist. These panelled pants will liven up the look and will clash perfectly with the Gareth Pugh graphic tee.
That’s my wishlist for this week! What’s on your Wednesday Wishlist?
This Wednesday’s Wishlist is dedicated to the lovey-dovey soppy day of the year. Yep, that’s right… it’s a Valentine’s Day special!
From L-R: 1. Temporary-Secretary Queen of Hearts Necklace, 2. River Island Pink ¾ Blazer, 3. Desire Black Spot Mesh Bodycon Dress, 4. Accessorize Love Friendship Bracelet, 5. Urban Outfitters Rose Garland & 6. River Island Heart Sweets.
1. Queen of Hearts Necklace £6 Temporary-Secretary – Regular readers will know that I LOVE gold necklaces! So this Queen of Hearts necklace is no exception! It’s so cute and is the perfect treat for Valentine’s Day!
2. Pink ¾ Blazer £40 River Island – This pastel pink blazer will jazz up the polka-dot dress nicely! The inspiration to include this bright colour into my wishlist comes from Valentino, Alexander McQueen and Prada, whose ‘pretty and girly’ designs dominated the catwalks of London, Paris, Milan and New York.
3. Black Spot Mesh Bodycon Dress £18 Desire – Okay so this Stella McCartney-esque dress was so last season. But I think it mixes well with the Valentine’s vibe! This dress is perfect for a night out (may it be a romantic one or a girls night out), and it will show off them beautiful curves of yours!
4. Love Friendship Bracelet £12 Accessorize – I’m not really a big fan of bracelets (they always break on me), but this friendship bracelet is so cute and simple! It would bode well with my festival bands which are currently taking residence on my wrist!
5. Rose Garland £15 Urban Outfitters – This garland will not only look amazing in your hair – think festival chic! But you could also use it to decorate your home with! Either hang it over something or just pin it up on the wall! Now that’s £15 well spent!
6. Heart Sweets £5 River Island – Pretty much everyone who knows me, knows that I LOVE heart sweets! I always sneak them into work for a quick sugary ‘pick-me-up’! These heart sweets will go down a treat (see what I did there?) Now all I need is for Ali to take note! Hint hint!
So that’s my Valentine’s Wednesday Wishlist special! Tonight I am attending the Spring Fashion Show in Manchester so look out for catwalk reports and an event review!
As a member of the Next Bloggers Network, this week’s ‘Steal Her Style’ is not only a feature, but it is also a competition entry to win tickets to the Elle Style Awards 2012. And who better to focus on, than the stylish, eccentric and opinionated Jameela Jamil for my entry?!
From her love of prints, to festival chic – and not forgetting her trademark stand-out lip – Jameela has got it all. For this feature I have taken an outfit from last year’s Elle Style Awards, and I have found similar items from the Next website.
Here is what Jameela wore on the left-hand side of the image, and what I found similar on the right-hand side:
(Jameela image sourced from competition download pack here)
Geri Cream Maxi Floral Dress £55 –Floral prints may have been HUGE in 2011, but they are also set to be big this year too, with designers such as Peter Pilotto, Christopher Kane and Proenza Schouler all including this Spring/Summer print into their designs. Being ahead of the fashion game is a tough job for many, but Jameela does it with grace and originality. Want to achieve this look-for-less? Then try this Geri Cream Maxi Floral Dress from Next! This dress may be pricey but it is a good investment. It’s a perfect transitioning piece from Spring to Winter, for example, for the current icy weather try pairing this dress with some opaque tights and a cosy cardigan and for Summer, take inspiration from this look!
Models Own Eye Gift Set £15 – Every girl needs that perfect smokey eye! So this Models Own eye gift set is a perfect buy for those of you who can’t live without this sultry and sexy look! At £15 it is a tad pricey, but take heed from the blogosphere – who are raving about Models Own products at the moment – and bag yourself this kit!
Models Own Lipstick in Baby Pink £6 – Again, you can’t look like Jameela without having that all important statement lip! This Models Own baby pink lipstick is a bang on-trend colour at the moment with pastel hues being all the rage! Take colour inspiration from Valentino, Calvin Klein and Diane Von Furstenberg who had a rainbow of pastels in their collections! Now all you need is a cute guy to pucker up with for Valentine’s Day!
Made With Love Rose Mesh Clutch £18 – Miss Jamil may have a simple plain nude clutch in the picture above, but this textured rose mesh version brings something different to this girly ensemble. Mixing prints and textures was huge last year, so it is unsurprising that I have incorporated this ‘clashing’ trend into this week’s Steal Her Style look!
Nude T-Bar Platform Shoes £35 – Nude accessories are the best way to go if you want all the attention paid to your statement dress! These T-Bar heels are not only similar to Jameela’s shoes, but T-Bars are on trend too! Take Jonathan Saunders and Calvin Klein who had their models strutting down the runway in this particular shoe style!
That’s all for this week’s ‘Steal Her Style’! What do you guys think of Jameela’s style?