What’s on your holiday wishlist?
Keep up to date on the following channels:
SHE’S the girl that has the best wardrobe in the world – I mean, who wouldn’t want a digital outfit-making machine for a closet? And aside from her incestuous romance with the gorgeous Josh (Paul Rudd), Cher Horowitz (Alicia Silverstone) also has the enviable fashion sense to match. With ‘the 90s’ being back on trend, The Live Scene shows you that you don’t need to be Clueless to channel your inner Cher.
Harlequin prints are huge this season, as seen on the runways of Balmain and Joe Fresh, so why not invest in this gorgeous skirt by Missguided? Pair it with a Miss Selfridge sheer peplum white shirt and you’ll be ready to rock or fail as in Cher’s case, your driving test!
Think monochrome is too boring? Then red may be your colour of choice! This colour is making its way through the best dressed lists with celebs such as Rihanna, Adele and Jennifer Lawrence all sporting this in-your-face colour at the Awards shows. This £12, yes you read that right, £12 River Island dress will be sure to make you a winner on the red carpet. If tartan is more your thing, grab this skirt from Sohos! Team it with a Topshop black crop top, an Amazon beret and some knee high socks from Motel Rocks!
And finally, finish off your Cher style steal with a pink feather pen. Now all you need is the cute nerdy boy…
Who is your favourite film fashionista?
IT’S that time of year again ladies! Here are The Live Scene’s top three party dresses for your New Year’s Eve night out!
1. Embellished Bodycon Dress, £89, Miss Selfridge – It’s the final day of Autumn/Winter 2012, so why not go out with a bang in this elegant embellished dress from Miss Selfridge? Embellishment is popular this season with Balmain’s collarless jackets, Jenny Packham’s shoulder encrusted dresses and Mark Fast’s intricately jewelled cover-ups turning heads at Fashion Week. Wear this dress with these nude heels from Bank to elongate those legs of yours, and finish your outfit off with some Barry M lipstick in Chestnut Red.
2. Light Purple V Neck Peplum Dress, £25, River Island – Designers loved the two P’s (that’s Peplums and Purples) this Autumn/Winter, with Prada, Gucci and Christopher Kane waving the purple flag, whilst Nicole Farhi, Mary Katrantzou and Burberry Prorsum took the peplum trend one step further with their exaggerated hip-line pieces. This River Island dress seems to emulate both of these trends – so for only £25 what more could you ask for?
3. Foiled Lace Skater Dress by Dress Up Topshop, £50, Topshop – Skater silhouettes were huge this season with Victoria Beckham, Stella McCartney and Alexander McQueen including this cut in their A/W collections. Complete this look with these black Topshop platforms and some sexy smokey eyes, courtesy of Models Own.
What outfit will you be wearing this New Year’s Eve?
Like what you see? Follow me on:
Christmas jumpers; love them or loathe them. They always seem to pop up when winter arrives. But will I be buying into the hype?
We’ve all seen Bridget Jones’ Diary, where Bridget and Mark Darcy first meet at her mum’s turkey curry buffet wearing atrocious Christmas attire. It was love at first fashion faux-pas sight! Bridget was sporting a hideously patterned sack made out of her mum’s carpet (some may call it a dress), and Mr Darcy was wearing an emerald green knit with a massive in-your-face Reindeer’s head on it – not exactly Christmas chic!
(Image from here)
So when I heard that Christmas jumpers were back in fashion (aren’t they every year?), I instantly dismissed the idea of even looking at one. That was until I saw my friend wearing her aptly named ‘Granddad jumper’. Not only was it actually her Granddad’s ‘annual Christmas jumper’, but it was a fashionable Fairisle ‘Granddad Christmas jumper’. Has fashion finally hit the Christmas jumper jackpot?
From online retailer ASOS’s fabulous Fairisle jumper, to popular high street chain Miss Selfridge’s subtly starry Christmas number, it seems that Christmas jumpers are now leaping into the latest trend books, leaving peplums and leather stranded in the ‘that’s so last season’ universe.
So what are your thoughts on the Christmas jumper? Third year UCLan student Terri-Ann Williams thinks: “Some can look really cheap! But then some are super itchy. It’s usually the itchy ones which look the nicest too!” Whilst another third year student, Ben Nielsen, doesn’t get the Christmas jumper hype. He says: “Like a great many things, I just don’t get it. Especially the really obvious ones with reindeers etc on. Why?!”
Even though the high street has finally designed some decent Christmas jumpers (I’m still not so sure on this River Island ‘Kiss me’ jumper), maybe it’s time that I kiss goodbye to the Christmas jumper hype and settle for next season’s must-have – the potato sack!
What are your thoughts on the Christmas jumper hype?
With Christmas only a day away, here are my six favourite must-have items! Hint hint!
1. Petites Biker Trench, £85, Miss Selfridge – I have been looking for a nice coat for ages, and this Miss Selfridge biker trench is perfect to keep me going this Winter! I know, I know, it doesn’t exactly scream out ‘WINTER COAT’, but for £85 it’s not only on trend – the leather touch reminds me of DKNY – but I can also layer it up with my gorgeous green tartan scarf too!
2. Loverdose by Diesel, £28.50 for 30ml, The Perfume Shop – Loverdose is my favourite perfume in the entire world, so how could I not add this into my Christmas wishlist? It’s perfectly packaged and I love its floral scent! One of my best friends bought me this for my 21st birthday, but you can never have too much perfume, right?
3. White Friendship Bracelet By Marc By Marc Jacobs, £40, Harvey Nichols – I’m not usually into my designer gear (I’m more of a high street/vintage girl), but I love this Marc by Marc Jacobs friendship bracelet! It’s so simple but yet sophisticated, and it will go with anything and everything!
4. Alexander Wang Knockoff Bag, £37.99, eBay – Remember last year’s Christmas wishlist, where I had my eyes set on a gorgeous leather multi-strap Alexander Wag tote? Well here is the knock-off version! It may not be the real thing, but I would love to get my hands on it!
5. Project #3 Black Sequin Body, £39, Miss Selfridge – You may have noticed that Miss Selfridge is one of my favourite shops, and as I was having my daily peruse of their website, my eyes were instantly drawn to this gorgeous sequin body! At £39 it may be pricey, but add these Missguided leather shorts and some peep-toe shoe boots from River Island, and you’ll be Belle of the New Year’s Eve Ball!
6. Black Embellished Shorts, £45, River Island – And finally, I have been after some high-waisted embellished shorts for a while now, and these are the PERFECT pair for me! Embellishment is big this season with the likes of Balmain, Jenny Packham and Mark Fast sending their models down the runway with these party-inspired pieces. Just add a plain white H&M vest, and these killer Topshop heels to finish the outfit off.
What’s on your Christmas wishlist this year?