Like what you see? Follow me on:
Today’s Wednesday Wishlist is all about fabulous online retailer, Missguided!
Missguided has been on my radar for some time now, but it wasn’t until earlier this month that I actually took the time to browse the online retailer, and let me tell you – I instantly fell in love with some of their amazing clothes!
From L-R: 1. Enrita Leather Trim Lace Blouse, 2. Ingrid Tassel Ribbed Bodycon Skirt, 3. Sunisa Crocodile Skin Envelope Tote Bag, 4. Velda Mirrored Teashade Sunglasses, 5. USA Frayed Denim Shorts & 6. Studded Collar Skater Dress.
1. Enrita Leather Trim Lace Blouse, £22.99 – Lace is big this season, with designers such as Miu Miu’s stunning red and gold dress, Luisa Beccaria’s blue midi and Valentino’s crisp white gowns turning heads at fashion week. So when I saw this edgy blouse on the Missguided website, I had to include it in my Wednesday Wishlist! As you can see, I have ‘tucked’ it in the tassel Bodycon skirt below; this outfit would be perfect for a night out with the girls, or for a special occasion. If I wanted a more casual look, I could also team this blouse with these Topshop dip-dye denim shorts and black wedge sandals from River Island.
2. Ingrid Tassel Ribbed Bodycon Skirt, £22.99 – The ‘Great Gatsby’ look took the catwalks of Marchesa, Ralph Lauren and Etro by storm. So I was eagerly anticipating what the high street were going to come up with in terms of designing their own versions of this 20s trend – and it’s safe to say that Missguided definitely did not disappoint with this sultry Bodycon tassel skirt! Dip hem skirts seem to be all the ‘rage’ at the moment, so it’s refreshing to have a different type of skirt available for those who want to embrace their ‘inner Gatsby girl’. At £22.99 this skirt is practically a steal, so if you fancy channelling the great 1920s, grab yours now!
3. Sunisa Crocodile Skin Envelope Tote Bag, £28.99 – As with previous wishlists, pastel colours are a trend which I have been coveting ever since they graced the runway of House of Holland, Jaeger and J W Anderson. This pastel pink crocodile skin envelope bag is perfect for someone like me, who prefers to add minimal pastel accessories to her outfits, rather than look like an ice cream sorbet (hey it’s a good look, but it’s not for me!) This bag will also finish off the outfit in my wishlist nicely!
n …4. Velda Mirrored Teashade Sunglasses, £4.99 – These sunglasses are so cute and funky! They remind me of the late John Lennon, and what better way to channel this iconic musician than by bagging these mirrored Teashade sunnies?! Now all we need is the summer sun…
5. USA Frayed Denim Shorts, £24.99 – The ‘Americana’ trend is a big hit this Spring/Summer with high street stores such as Republic, Topshop and Miss Selfridge including this famous flag in their collections. These shorts are perfect for festival season, and will look great on the beach! Just take inspiration from Marina Diamandis, from Marina and The Diamonds, who rocks her American flag shorts!
6. Studded Collar Skater Dress, £27.99 – And finally, this studded collar skater dress is perfect for both the daytime and a night out on the town! This dress reminds me of Balmain, who is one of my favourite designers – I love their S/S 12 collection! So this is my high street take on the Parisian fashion house. I would toughen this look up even more by wearing this grey River Island PU jacket and Missguided’s ‘killer’ platforms!
There’s my wishlist! Do you like Missguided? What are your favourite items at the moment?
The tees were designed by twenty British designers including Christopher Kane, Meadham Kirchhoff and Jonathan Saunders to celebrate Topshop’s ten year collaboration with new emerging talent. I chose Gareth Pugh’s black and white graphic tee and I decided to create an outfit based around this top.
From L-R: 1. ASOS Black Metal Round Sunglasses, 2. ASOS Pyramid Metal Tip Clutch, 3. Topshop Gareth Pugh Graphic Print Tee, 4. Space NK Oh No She Didn’t Opaque Blue Lipstick, 5. Jeffrey Campbell ‘Lita Mac’ Bootie & 6. PETITE Exclusive Contrast Panel Skinny Trousers
1. Black Metal Round Sunglasses, £15, ASOS – These sunglasses are so kooky and unique! For £15 they are perfect for the summer, and will add a touch of the ‘60s to the look! Take inspiration from Marina Diamandis from Marina and The Diamonds, Mary-Kate Olsen and Taylor Momsen.
2. Pyramid Metal Tip Clutch, £12, ASOS – Pastel colours are HUGE this Spring/Summer with designers such as Louis Vuitton, Versus and Chanel all including duck egg blues in their S/S12 collections. This ASOS clutch injects a touch of colour into the outfit which mainly focuses on the monochrome palette.
3. Gareth Pugh Graphic Print Tee, £30, Topshop – I chose Gareth Pugh’s tee because I love his aesthetic of monochrome sculptural pieces, whether that would be this one featured here or his classic S/S 2007 patchwork square print. This tee is perfect for wearing to a casual lunch with the boyf, or it can be glammed up with some River Island faux leather leggings for a night out on the town. Celebrities are also a fan of the black and white graphic print tee. Steal inspiration from Audrina Patridge, Rihanna and 90210 star Jessica Stroup who all styled their graphic tee differently according to their own personal style.
4. Oh No She Didn’t Opaque Blue Lipstick, £7.50, Space NK – ‘Blue lipstick? This blogger has gone crazy!’ I hear you say. Well, bright coloured lips have taken the Spring/Summer 2012 catwalks by storm with Mary Katrantzou, Richard Chai and Meadham Kirchhoff’s models all sporting a statement coloured lip. This blue lipstick is perfect for those who dare to be different in the style stakes.
5. Jeffrey Campbell ‘Lita Mac’ Bootie, £114, Nordstrom – It’s safe to assume that most girls on the planet would LOVE to own a pair of Jeffrey Campbell’s! And for me, these lace booties are no exception! Lace is another trend which is set to be big this Spring with designers such as Valentino, Miu Miu and Elie Saab all including this intricate fabric into their designs. And for £114 they may be pricey, but they are a good investment piece and they will mix up my monochrome look a bit too!
6. PETITE Exclusive Contrast Panel Skinny Trousers, £32, ASOS – And finally panelled trousers have also taken to the Spring/Summer catwalks with Balmain and Isabel Marant featuring these pants in their collections. So it comes to no surprise that I had to include this ASOS version into my Wednesday Wishlist. These panelled pants will liven up the look and will clash perfectly with the Gareth Pugh graphic tee.
That’s my wishlist for this week! What’s on your Wednesday Wishlist?