This week’s Wednesday Wishlist is a Miss Selfridge ‘must-have’ special!
1. Silver Lame Dipback Tee, £25 – Metallics were a key Autumn/Winter 2011 trend, but they are still clinging on for ‘trend-glory’ this season with Herve Leger, Givenchy and Sportsmax showcasing these futuristic colours in their S/S 2012 collections. I would pair this top with my Republic black leggings and my silver studded shoes.
2. Black Floral Denim Hotpants, £28 – Florals are always a trend which always crops up at this time of year, with designers such as Matthew Williamson, Mary Katrantzou and dynamic duo Proenza Schouler turning heads with their flower power pieces at their respective fashion weeks. These shorts would look perfect with a simple white Topshop tee and Office’s pink underground creepers. For the current ‘clash’ look, which is popular with celebrities such as Diane Kruger and Olivia Palermo, team your florals with stripes or leopard print. For this trend, anything goes!
3. Buddha Ring, £6.50 – I was drawn to this Buddha ring because believe it or not, this religion is part of my heritage (I’m half Thai). I used to own quite a few religious Thai trinkets and necklaces, but over the years I have somehow lost them! This Buddha ring reminds me of ‘the other part of my life’, and it’s also gold, which is my favourite jewellery colour – so I HAD to include it in my Wednesday Wishlist! There were only a few left in stock the last time I checked so if you want to snap this up, then you have gotta be quick!
4. Petites Ombre Shirt, £32 – Ombre is BACK, and it is another trend which is set to rock in the Spring/Summer 2012 fashion stakes, with top fashion bloggers ‘ombre-ing’ their hair such as Lily Melrose and Olivia Purvis, to Charlotte Ronson and Louis Vuitton, who have sent dip-dyed pieces down the runway. This would look great with bloggers favourite American Apparel disco pants and black high top flatforms.
5. Rhinestone Chain Loop, £25 – Collar necklaces were big on the catwalks of Sass & Bide and Oscar De Le Renta. Despite this necklace being HUGE and probably weighing a tonne, it’s still amazing in my eyes! It would look great under the collar of a crisp white shirt.
6. Stud Front Dipback Tee, £35 – I am in love with studded clothing and accessories at the moment! Let’s just say it’s my ‘inner-Balmain’ which is luring me to this trend. This tee can be dressed up for the day time – with some Boohoo black wet look leggings and Chelsea boots, or it can be dressed up to the nines with some luscious leather shorts from Missguided and River Island black and white heels, for a night out with the girls!
What are your thoughts on Miss Selfridge? Are there any items which take your fancy?