The Wednesday Wishlist is back and in full fashion force with a special ‘pining for prints’ edition! This week we feature items from six etailers, forget River Island and Topshop – indie is where it’s at!
From Left to Right: 1. Lavish Alice Nude & Navy Maxi Summer Dress, 2. Black Milk ‘Sick of Men’ Wedge Boots, 3. Kiss Me Quick Boutique Vintage Tartan Scarf, 4. Treasure Trunk 80s Flower Shirt, 5. The Vintage Set ‘Audrey’ Jacket & 6. The Pretty Junk Vintage 80s Tribal Mini Dress.
1. Nude & Navy Maxi Summer Dress, £22, Lavish Alice – ‘Zig zag’ prints are back for Autumn/Winter 2012, with top British designers such as House of Holland, with their colourful cardigans and Meadham Kirchhoff, with their animalistic fur coats, including this eccentric print into their designs. This beautiful Lavish Alice dress is perfect for those of you who want to invoke this trend into your style! This maxi dress can be worn with these gorgeous gladiators from Topshop for a summer feel, or it can be dressed up with this Miss Selfridge biker jacket and some sexy studded heels from River Island, for a night out with the girls!
2. ‘Sick of Men’ Wedge Boots,$189.95 USD, Black Milk – Calling all comic book fanatics! Comics are now officially IN fashion, yes you read that right! Want proof? Spanish fashion house Balenciaga included comic book drawings in their A/W 2012 collection, which went down a storm with fashion editors and stylistas alike. So when I came across these AMAZING ‘Sick of Men’ wedge boots – made by a Black Milk/Jeffrey Campbell collaboration, I HAD to showcase them in today’s Wednesday Wishlist! At $185.95, they are pricey, but are well worth it if you want to stand out of the shoe crowd! I would pair these babies with this cute Peter Pan collar dress from Republic, and some quirky comic book nail wraps from the Nail Art Company (page 5 of 7).
3. Vintage Tartan Scarf, £5, Kiss Me Quick Boutique – This cute tartan scarf is a perfect addition to any budding Autumn/Winter wardrobe! Make like Lily Melrose and wear it with a grey marl dress, beanie hat, leather jacket and Topshop Albas, or pair it with the Lavish Alice dress above for a cool clash look!
4. 80s Flower Shirt, £30, Treasure Trunk – Summer may be coming to an end, but if you’re still feelin’ floral, then don’t fret, as flower power is staying for Autumn/Winter 2012! Gucci and Emporio Armani all impressed with their take on the concept of ‘dark blooms’. So if flowers are your thing, then you’ll love this 80s vintage flower shirt from Treasure Trunk! Just add this studded Western belt from Urban Outfitters and these famous River Island flatforms, and you’ll be channelling the ‘dark side’ before you know it!
5. ‘Audrey’ Jacket, £24, The Vintage Set – Monochrome prints is another big trend for Autumn/Winter 2012 with Versace, Moschino and Just Cavalli stunning their prospective fashion weeks with their use of these two bold colours. If you’re looking to invest in this trend without striking zero in your bank balance, then this lovely ‘Audrey’ jacket might take your fancy. At only £24, it reminds me of the classic style icon Audrey Hepburn (hence the choice of name), and it will add elegance and sophistication to any outfit.
6. Vintage 80s Tribal Mini Dress, £26, The Pretty Junk – Despite all the hype about the up-and-coming Autumn/Winter 2012 trends, let’s not forget that it’s STILL summer! So I had to let it end on a high note with this amazing vintage tribal mini dress from The Pretty Junk! This colourful number reminds me of the Rio Carnival, which takes place early next year! So what better time to invest in this piece than now?! Just add these cool ASOS half frame shades and Monochrome wedges into the mix, and you’ll be ready to party into the early hours in style!