The tees were designed by twenty British designers including Christopher Kane, Meadham Kirchhoff and Jonathan Saunders to celebrate Topshop’s ten year collaboration with new emerging talent. I chose Gareth Pugh’s black and white graphic tee and I decided to create an outfit based around this top.
From L-R: 1. ASOS Black Metal Round Sunglasses, 2. ASOS Pyramid Metal Tip Clutch, 3. Topshop Gareth Pugh Graphic Print Tee, 4. Space NK Oh No She Didn’t Opaque Blue Lipstick, 5. Jeffrey Campbell ‘Lita Mac’ Bootie & 6. PETITE Exclusive Contrast Panel Skinny Trousers
1. Black Metal Round Sunglasses, £15, ASOS – These sunglasses are so kooky and unique! For £15 they are perfect for the summer, and will add a touch of the ‘60s to the look! Take inspiration from Marina Diamandis from Marina and The Diamonds, Mary-Kate Olsen and Taylor Momsen.
2. Pyramid Metal Tip Clutch, £12, ASOS – Pastel colours are HUGE this Spring/Summer with designers such as Louis Vuitton, Versus and Chanel all including duck egg blues in their S/S12 collections. This ASOS clutch injects a touch of colour into the outfit which mainly focuses on the monochrome palette.
3. Gareth Pugh Graphic Print Tee, £30, Topshop – I chose Gareth Pugh’s tee because I love his aesthetic of monochrome sculptural pieces, whether that would be this one featured here or his classic S/S 2007 patchwork square print. This tee is perfect for wearing to a casual lunch with the boyf, or it can be glammed up with some River Island faux leather leggings for a night out on the town. Celebrities are also a fan of the black and white graphic print tee. Steal inspiration from Audrina Patridge, Rihanna and 90210 star Jessica Stroup who all styled their graphic tee differently according to their own personal style.
4. Oh No She Didn’t Opaque Blue Lipstick, £7.50, Space NK – ‘Blue lipstick? This blogger has gone crazy!’ I hear you say. Well, bright coloured lips have taken the Spring/Summer 2012 catwalks by storm with Mary Katrantzou, Richard Chai and Meadham Kirchhoff’s models all sporting a statement coloured lip. This blue lipstick is perfect for those who dare to be different in the style stakes.
5. Jeffrey Campbell ‘Lita Mac’ Bootie, £114, Nordstrom – It’s safe to assume that most girls on the planet would LOVE to own a pair of Jeffrey Campbell’s! And for me, these lace booties are no exception! Lace is another trend which is set to be big this Spring with designers such as Valentino, Miu Miu and Elie Saab all including this intricate fabric into their designs. And for £114 they may be pricey, but they are a good investment piece and they will mix up my monochrome look a bit too!
6. PETITE Exclusive Contrast Panel Skinny Trousers, £32, ASOS – And finally panelled trousers have also taken to the Spring/Summer catwalks with Balmain and Isabel Marant featuring these pants in their collections. So it comes to no surprise that I had to include this ASOS version into my Wednesday Wishlist. These panelled pants will liven up the look and will clash perfectly with the Gareth Pugh graphic tee.
That’s my wishlist for this week! What’s on your Wednesday Wishlist?