This week’s Wednesday wishlist is all about weddings! Don’t worry, I’m not the bride, I’m merely a wedding-goer! However, seeing as I’m all excited, I thought that I should share my ‘wedding outfit wishlist’ with you!
From L-R: 1. Topshop Egyptian Drape Headband, 2. Miss Selfridge Petites Ombre Print Maxi, 3. River Island Brown Wooden Spike & Diamante Necklace, 4. MAC Lipstick in Neon Orange, 5. ASOS Bitten Suede Platform Heeled Sandals with T-Bar & 6. Topshop Cleopatra’s Box Ring.
1. Egyptian Drape Headband, £7.50, Topshop – Today’s wishlist is based around the luscious ombre maxi dress from Miss Selfridge! This Egyptian drape headband is perfect for achieving a laid-back but formal look – which is exactly what I want to do for the wedding! Headgear was massive this Spring/Summer season, from Roksanda Ilincic’s bright pink winter hat to Swan Lake-esque Giles’ headdress. So to add my own twist to this trend, I decided to opt for a simple hair accessory, and at £7.50 this piece is priceless!
2. Petites Ombre Print Maxi, £45, Miss Selfridge – Ombre pieces were huge on the catwalks of Jonathan Saunders, Marc Jacobs and Peter Pilotto, so as soon as my eye caught this dress I KNEW I had to include it on my Wednesday Wishlist! I used to resent maxi dresses – purely because they drowned my 4’11” frame! However this ‘petite’ asymmetric shoulder maxi is perfect for me, and the ‘maxi-train’ can elongate and show off my pins perfectly!
3. Brown Wooden Spike & Diamante Necklace, £18, River Island – I love, love, LOVE this necklace! The tribal spikes add a ‘rocky edge’ to my outfit, as well as bringing a bit of my own ‘personal style’ to the look. The inspiration to include this necklace was from Mulberry’s S/S 2012 set, which was very animalistic and well, ‘edgy’ to say the least!
4. MAC Lipstick in Neon Orange, £13.50, MAC Cosmetics– I chose this lipstick because it’s so different to the pink and red shades that I already have. Orange hues have dominated the catwalks of Milan, Paris, London and New York with Haider Ackermann, Proenza Schouler, Michael Kors and Derek Lam showcasing this bright colour in their collections. So it is no wonder why I want to wear this shade for the wedding!
5. Bitten Suede Platform Heeled Sandals with T-Bar, £75, ASOS – I decided to opt for a low-key heel in the form of these creamy-pink ASOS T-Bar Platforms. Not only do they provide extra height (let’s face it, I need all the height I can get), but they are simple and add a minimalistic touch to the look I am trying to achieve. At £75 they may be pricey, but they are a good investment shoe for all occasions.
6. Cleopatra’s Box Ring, £12.50, Topshop – This Topshop ring is so adorable and different from the animal and jewel rings which are dominating the high street at the moment. Again, this adds to the minimalistic accessoring I want to achieve, and is ‘different’ to the other rings which I possess.
That’s all for this Wednesday’s Wishlist! What are you currently craving? Don’t forget to check out last week’s wishlist too!