Yesterday I went on a cheeky little trip into town to visit my friend Holly, whom I am presenting a radio show with for Preston FM, as well as to buy some much-needed bargain beauty essentials with the boyf!
The outfit mood for the day was ‘tiredness’ and with a touch of ‘sadness’ after I discovered my beloved faded denim shorts from MK One (remember them?), which I bought five years ago, had a hole in them in the crotch area. I was instantly filled with despair, and so to fill the void, I chose to wear my vintage black Levi’s, with tights and my black boots – which have been glued to my feet ever since I bought them at Leeds Festival!
Excuse my face; it seems that the death of my denim shorts proved too much for me to take a lovely photograph!
Top – Zara
Shorts – Vintage Levi’s
Tights – Primark
Boots – Vintage
After sorting out what me and Holly were going to do on our radio show (which airs on Thursday 15th September at 10am by the way!), me and Ali went into town for a little indulgence shop!
Here is what I bought:
– ‘Loud’ perfume by Tommy Hilfiger: I love this perfume! I used to wear it religiously at the start of this year but due to unforeseen circumstances (i.e. spending nearly all of my student loan, therefore being a poor student); I could no longer afford to splash out £30 for it. However, my luck has changed as I bagged this baby for over £18 at Boots, which will last me a good while!
There was another perfume I wanted, which was the recently released new Diesel perfume, Loverdose. This perfume not only smells absolutely beautiful, but the packaging itself is divine! Despite having a very healthy bank balance, I could not afford to pay nearly £50 for this seductive scent, so let’s hope the boyf catches on and buys me it for my birthday! Hint hint!
– Veet Hair Minimising Body Moisturiser: I bought this on a whim, as I have heard this product is quite good for minimising body hair, thus reducing the amount of times you need to shave/wax/use hair removal cream. Look out for a product review on this in the near future to see if it works!
– Montagne Jeunesse Face Masks in Fruit Smoothie and Deep Pore Cleansing Masque for Men: I have always wanted to try out face masks, but I guess I’ve never had the time nor the patience to spend some time putting something on my face (hence why I wear minimal make-up!) So as a little change, I have invested 96p in this Montagne Jeunesse Face Mask in Fruit Smoothie, which is supposed to leave your skin fresher, cleansed and softer – oh and I guess it’s supposed to smell nice too! Ali also bought a face mask (on my request) to test out for all you guys out there! So expect product reviews by me and the boyf, to see if these beauty masks live up to their reputation!
– Wilkinson’s Reporters Notebook: I like to think that I bought this notebook for the budding journalist inside of me. Instead, the real reason is that my other notebook ran out of paper due to me writing draft blog posts and numerous unfinished ‘to do’ lists (a habit of mine which has plagued me ever since high school). Nevertheless I shall use this notebook to record scribblings about the upcoming fashion events I am going to attend (more about that in future posts!) and for other journo bits ‘n’ bobs.
–Thornton’s Chocolate Bar Set: This was a gift, albeit a £2 gift (I’m not complaining) from the boyf! We were in Thornton’s dribbling over the chocolate delights that were on offer, and Ali was so sweet to buy me this three piece set of chocolate! Me and him are currently eating healthy at the moment (which isn’t going too well to be honest, scroll down and you will see why we are failing), but this set is perfect for the odd treat – plus I like the packaging!
– Simple Kind to Eyes Revitalising Eye Roll-On: Lately I have been suffering from what I can only describe as ‘light exhaustion’, I am forever tired and whenever I wake up and look in the mirror, my eyes have huge bags under them and later in the day I still feel tired! So I thought I needed a little ‘pick-me-up’ in the form of this revitalising eye roll on by my favourite skin care brand, Simple. I am hoping that this product will do what it says on the tin (or the cardboard packaging in this case), and prevent me from looking like a zombie. Again, look for a product review on this in the near future!
Hair brush & bobbles: Self-explanatory really.
After the little shopping trip, me and Ali headed home for a curry (how very unhealthy of us!) and to watch the England match (I’m a classy bird).
I only got through a quarter of the curry (a Chicken Korma), when I had to give the rest of it to Ali’s housemate – how nice of him to finish it off!
We then finished the night by watching Bridget Jones’s Diary, a ‘classic’ film in which I educated Ali about the ups and downs we women go through. Needless to say, he learnt a lot.
So there you go. What I got up to yesterday in a nutshell!
What did you guys get up to?
Ooh and look out for product reviews and more ‘personal’ posts in the near future!