Today’s Wednesday Wishlist is all about fabulous online retailer, Missguided!
Missguided has been on my radar for some time now, but it wasn’t until earlier this month that I actually took the time to browse the online retailer, and let me tell you – I instantly fell in love with some of their amazing clothes!
From L-R: 1. Enrita Leather Trim Lace Blouse, 2. Ingrid Tassel Ribbed Bodycon Skirt, 3. Sunisa Crocodile Skin Envelope Tote Bag, 4. Velda Mirrored Teashade Sunglasses, 5. USA Frayed Denim Shorts & 6. Studded Collar Skater Dress.
1. Enrita Leather Trim Lace Blouse, £22.99 – Lace is big this season, with designers such as Miu Miu’s stunning red and gold dress, Luisa Beccaria’s blue midi and Valentino’s crisp white gowns turning heads at fashion week. So when I saw this edgy blouse on the Missguided website, I had to include it in my Wednesday Wishlist! As you can see, I have ‘tucked’ it in the tassel Bodycon skirt below; this outfit would be perfect for a night out with the girls, or for a special occasion. If I wanted a more casual look, I could also team this blouse with these Topshop dip-dye denim shorts and black wedge sandals from River Island.
2. Ingrid Tassel Ribbed Bodycon Skirt, £22.99 – The ‘Great Gatsby’ look took the catwalks of Marchesa, Ralph Lauren and Etro by storm. So I was eagerly anticipating what the high street were going to come up with in terms of designing their own versions of this 20s trend – and it’s safe to say that Missguided definitely did not disappoint with this sultry Bodycon tassel skirt! Dip hem skirts seem to be all the ‘rage’ at the moment, so it’s refreshing to have a different type of skirt available for those who want to embrace their ‘inner Gatsby girl’. At £22.99 this skirt is practically a steal, so if you fancy channelling the great 1920s, grab yours now!
3. Sunisa Crocodile Skin Envelope Tote Bag, £28.99 – As with previous wishlists, pastel colours are a trend which I have been coveting ever since they graced the runway of House of Holland, Jaeger and J W Anderson. This pastel pink crocodile skin envelope bag is perfect for someone like me, who prefers to add minimal pastel accessories to her outfits, rather than look like an ice cream sorbet (hey it’s a good look, but it’s not for me!) This bag will also finish off the outfit in my wishlist nicely!
n …4. Velda Mirrored Teashade Sunglasses, £4.99 – These sunglasses are so cute and funky! They remind me of the late John Lennon, and what better way to channel this iconic musician than by bagging these mirrored Teashade sunnies?! Now all we need is the summer sun…
5. USA Frayed Denim Shorts, £24.99 – The ‘Americana’ trend is a big hit this Spring/Summer with high street stores such as Republic, Topshop and Miss Selfridge including this famous flag in their collections. These shorts are perfect for festival season, and will look great on the beach! Just take inspiration from Marina Diamandis, from Marina and The Diamonds, who rocks her American flag shorts!
6. Studded Collar Skater Dress, £27.99 – And finally, this studded collar skater dress is perfect for both the daytime and a night out on the town! This dress reminds me of Balmain, who is one of my favourite designers – I love their S/S 12 collection! So this is my high street take on the Parisian fashion house. I would toughen this look up even more by wearing this grey River Island PU jacket and Missguided’s ‘killer’ platforms!
There’s my wishlist! Do you like Missguided? What are your favourite items at the moment?