There is no doubt that Jessie J is the epitome of cool in all of these departments. With her statement make-up – Union Jack lips anyone? And of course her gutsy attitude – she doesn’t take any crap from her fellow artists on BBC One’s The Voice. It comes to no surprise that Ms J is an icon for young girls and women everywhere.
And now, you can steal the three-time Brit nominee’s looks-for-less. From her iconic see-through red dress at the 2012 Brit Awards, to the simple-but-edgy look below, you don’t need a designer ‘price tag’ to steal Jessie J’s style.
Here is what Jessie J wore on the left-hand side of the image, and what I found similar on the right-hand side:
(Image sourced from here)
1. Dip Dye, £80, Bleach London – Dip dye hair is big this season with celebrities such as Kate Bosworth, Stephanie Pratt and Caroline Flack, as well as amazing fashion bloggers LLYMLRS and Olivia Purvis donning this two-toned look. If you want a top-notch dip dye do, then head to Bleach London where you can achieve this look for £80. Don’t have a healthy bank balance? Don’t worry, you can grab some hair dye and DIY in the comfort of your own home.
2. Clean PU Biker Jacket, £55, Topshop – Everyone needs a biker jacket to toughen up their wardrobe, and what better season to own one, with the likes of Balmain and Maison Martin Margiela including this jacket in their Spring/Summer collections. Biker jackets are a good investment and are a perfect addition to any pastel/print outfit! If you haven’t got one already, I suggest you invest in one now.
3. EXACT MATCH Long Clothing Drippy Print, £35, Topman – Who knew that Jessie J was a Topman shopper? This drippy black and white print t-shirt is perfect for the day (just look at Ms J’s ensemble), and it can also be transformed for a night out with the girls – just add these Missguided high waisted leather shorts, Barry M Lip Paint in Vibrant Pink and Urban Outfitters lace crochet boots.
4. Moto Stripe Supersoft Leigh Jeans, £40, Topshop – Stripy prints are in – anyone noticing the people of Britain donning referee gear in their everyday style? Fear not though, you don’t need to go overboard, just take inspiration from LLYMLRS. A simple striped jacket (or jeans in this case); will not only make your outfit ‘pop’, it will also make you look sophisticated and on-trend too. Here, Jessie J proves that you don’t have to do it like a dude to rock black and white (or in this case white and blue) stripes.
5. AMELIE Sixties Ankle Boot with Button Detail, £35, ASOS – Jessie J’s white boots prove that you don’t need ‘traditional’ black boots to achieve the ‘rocker’ look. At £35 they are fairly expensive but for the cost-per-wear (you can pretty much wear them with anything – except at festivals) they are a good investment buy. All you need now is some Violent Lip tattoos and you will be a Jessie J in no time.
Do you like Jessie J’s style?